The matter has been examined in the light of court’s judgments and it has been decided to issue general policy guidelines in this regard. Pay of a non-Gazetted Contract Employee on his regularization/appointment on regular basis will be protected subject to the following conditions:
- That the contract appointment has been made on standard terms and conditions circulated by Establishment Division as amended time to time.
- That the contract employee has applied through proper channel and has been properly relieved by the appointing authority. This condition shall not apply in case of regularization on the same post.
- That regularization/appointment has been made with the approval of the competent authority.
- That there is no break/interruption between contract service and regular service.
- That the service rendered on contract basis shall not qualify for pension/gratuity purpose.
- That in case of regular appointment in lower grade pay shall not be protected.
Ministries/Divisions/Departments are authorized to protect/fix pay in term of above guidelines. Only those cases may be referred to Finance Division where some clarification or advice of Finance Division is required.