THE PUNJAB CIVIL SERVANTS (APPOINTMENT AND CONDITIONS OF
SERVICE) RULES, 1974
This is only to read for the exact reference download PDF file given below.
PART- I GENERAL
- Short title, application and commencement
- Appointment to posts shall be made by promotion
- Constitution of Selection Boards/Promotion Committees
- Appointing Authorities
- Probation period
PART-II APPOINTMENT BY PROMOTION
- Appointment by Promotion, Transfer or Deputation
- Appointment on acting charge basis
- Appointment on current charge basis
- Appointment on officiating basis
- Initial appointment
- Recruitment under Rule 17-A
- Verification of Character Certificate and date of birth before
- Joining Government service
AD HOC APOINTMENT
GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB
SERVICES, GENERAL ADMINISTRATION AND INFORMATION DEPARTMENT NOTIFICATION
[4th August, 1974]
No. SOR-III-1-5/74 – In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 23 of the Punjab Civil Servants Act, 1974, the Governor of the Punjab is pleased to make the following rules, namely:-
THE PUNJAB CIVIL SERVANTS (APPOINTMENT AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE) RULES, 1974
PART I – GENERAL
- (1) These rules may be called the Punjab Civil Servants (Appointment & Conditions of Service) Rules, 1974.
- They shall come into force at
- They shall apply to all civil
- Definitions.– (1) In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions shall have the meanings hereby respectively assigned to them, that is to say:
- “All-Pakistan Unified Grades” has the same meaning as in All Pakistan Services (Change in Nomenclature) Rules, 1973;
- “Appointing Authority” in relation to a post means the person authorized under rule 6 to make appointment to the post;
- “Autonomous or Semi-autonomous Organization” means an organization set up under a law by the Government as a unit separate from the formal departmental organization;
- “Board” means a Selection Board and includes a Provincial Selection Board;
- “Commission” means the Punjab Public Service Commission;
- 1“Committee” means a Departmental Promotion Committee or a Selection Committee;
- “Department has the same meaning as in the Punjab Government Rules of Business, 1974;
- “Functional Unit means a group of posts or a part of such group sanctioned as a separate unit in or under a Department;
- “Grade” has the same meaning as in the Punjab Civil Servants (Change in Nomenclature of Services and Abolition of Classes) Rules, 1974; and
- “Post” means a post in connection with the affairs of the
(2) Words and expressions used but not defined shall bear the same meanings as they bear in the Punjab Civil Servants Act, 1974.
- (1) Appointment to posts shall be made by promotion, transfer or initial recruitment, as may be prescribed by the Government in relation to the posts in a grade from time to time:
2Provided that where as a result of retrenchment in, or re-organization of a Government Department/office or an Autonomous or Semi-Autonomous Organization set up by the Government, certain posts or cadres are abolished and Government decides, by a special order, to absorb persons rendered surplus in consequence thereof, such persons may be absorbed against such posts in such manner and on such terms and conditions as may be determined by the Government;
3Provided further that absorption shall be made on the recommendation of:
- the Commission, for all posts in and above BS-16 and such other posts in BS-11 to 15, initial recruitment to which is notified by the Government to be made on the recommendation of the Commission; and
- the Committee constituted by the Chief Minister or an officer authorized by him in that behalf, for all other
Provided further that for purposes of seniority, persons absorbed as above shall be treated as having been appointed by initial recruitment with effect from the date they take over charge in the absorbing functional unit/cadre.
4Provided further that where no equivalent post is available, he may be offered a lower post in such manner and subject to such conditions, as may be prescribed and where such civil servant is appointed to a lower post, the pay being drawn by him in the higher post immediately preceding his appointment to a lower post shall remain protected.
- Appointments by promotion or transfer shall be made in accordance with Part-II and by initial recruitment in accordance with Part-III of these
- The appointment shall be made from among such persons possessing such qualifications and fulfilling such other conditions as may be prescribed by the Government from time to
- 5 (1) The Government may constitute such Selection Boards and Selection/Promotion Committees to make selection for appointment by initial recruitment, promotion or transfer for posts, as may be specified by the Government from time to time.
- The composition, functions and responsibilities for such Boards and Committees and the procedure to be observed by such Boards and Committees shall be determined by the Government.
- The Government in relation to various posts for which a Committee and a Board have concurrent jurisdiction, shall, by general or special order, specify the post for which selection shall be made by a Committee or
- Where an appointing authority other than the Chief Minister does not accept the recommendation of a committee or a board, it shall record reasons thereof and obtain orders of next higher authority and act
- 6 Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any service rules, the authorities competent to make appointment to various posts shall be as follows:
Posts Appointing Authorities
- BS-19 and above Chief Minister
- BS-18 A) Chief Minister for posts included in Schedule-IV to the
Punjab Government Rules of Business, 1974.
- For other posts:
- Chief Secretary for a post of Deputy Secretary, District Officer and an equivalent post of the Provincial Management Service;
- Administrative Secretary for a post in a Department;
- Chairman of the Commission for a post in the Commission; and
- Chief Operating Officer of the Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority for an employee of the Government transferred to the Technical Education and Vocational Training
- BS-16 & 17 (a) Administrative Secretary for posts in the Department
- Advocate General for posts in his office;
- Chairman of the Commission for posts in the Commission;
- Inspector General of Police for the posts of Deputy Superintendents of Police;
- Chief Operating Officer of the Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority for Government employees transferred to the Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority; and
- Any other authority, prescribed as appointing authority, for posts in BS-16, in the relevant service/recruitment rules.
- BS-1 to 16 Respective authorities exercising such powers
immediately before the commencement of these rules or such authorities as may hereafter be empowered.
- (1) A person appointed to a post in a grade against a substantive vacancy shall remain on probation for a period of two years, if appointed by initial recruitment, and for a period of one year, if appointed otherwise; provided that the appointing authority may extend the period of probation by a further period not exceeding two years in
Explanation– Officiating service and service spent on deputation to a corresponding or a higher post may be allowed to count towards the period of probation.
- No person shall be confirmed in a post unless he has successfully completed such training and passed such departmental examination as may be
- If no orders have been made by the day following the completion of the initial probationary period, the period of probation shall be deemed to have been
- Subject to the provisions of sub rule (2) above, if no orders have been made by the day on which the maximum period of probation expires, the probationer shall be deemed to have been confirmed in his appointment from the date on which the period of probation was last extended or may be deemed to have been so
7Provided that in case of grant of extraordinary leave during the period of probation of two years, the name of the person will be removed from the seniority list and placed on a static list with no claim to promotion, seniority or confirmation for the period he remained on EOL.
- A probationer, who has satisfactorily completed his period of probation against a substantive vacancy, shall be confirmed with effect from the date of his continuous appointment in such a vacancy:
Provided that where the period of his probation has been extended under the provisions of sub rule (1) of this rule, the date of confirmation shall, subject to the other provisions of this rule, be the date on which the period of a probation was last extended.
87-A. Lien.– Notwithstanding anything in any other rules, a confirmed civil servant shall acquire lien against the substantive post held by him when he is relieved as a consequence of his selection against some other post, cadre or service in the service of Pakistan, and he shall retain his lien in the relieving department until he is confirmed in the said other post, cadre or service or for a maximum period of three years whichever is earlier and the said period of lien shall in no case be extended.
- The seniority inter se of persons appointed to posts in the same grade in a functional unit shall be determined:
- (a) In the case of persons appointed by initial recruitment, in accordance with the order of merit, assigned by the selection authority provided that persons selected for appointment to the grade in an earlier selection shall rank senior to the persons selected in a later selection; and
(b) in the case of persons appointed otherwise, with reference to the dates of their continuous appointment in the grade; provided that if the date of continuous appointment in the case of two or more persons appointed to the grade is the same, the older if not junior to the younger in the next below grade, shall rank senior to the younger person.
Explanation I– If a person junior in a lower grade is promoted to a higher grade on ad hoc basis, in the public interest, even though continuing later permanently in the higher grade, it would not adversely affect the interest of his seniors in the fixation of his seniority in the higher grade.
Explanation II– If a person junior in a lower grade is promoted to higher grade by superseding his senior and subsequently the latter is also promoted, the promoted first shall rank senior to the one promoted subsequently.
Explanation III– Subject to the provisions of rule 14 of these rules, a junior appointed to a higher grade shall be deemed to have superseded his senior only if both the junior and the senior were considered for the higher grade and the junior was appointed in preference to the senior.
- The seniority of the persons appointed by initial recruitment to the grade vis-à-vis those appointed otherwise shall be determined with reference to the date of continuous appointment to the grade; provided that if two dates are the same, the person appointed otherwise shall rank senior to the person appointed by initial recruitment; provided further that inter se seniority of person belonging to the same category will not be
Explanation– In case a group of persons is selected for initial appointment at one time, the earliest date on which any one out of the group joined the service will be deemed to be the date of appointment of all persons in the group. Similarly in case a group of persons is appointed otherwise at one time in the same office order the earliest date on which any one out of the group joined the service will be deemed to be the date of appointment of all persons in the group. And the persons in each group will be placed with reference to the continuous date of appointment as a group in order of their inter se seniority.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of this rule, the seniority lists already prepared in accordance with the rules applicable immediately before the commencement of these rules shall be construed as seniority lists for the respective new grades in respect of persons already in service and amendments therein shall continue to be made in accordance with those rules to settle inter se seniority disputes among
9Provided further that in case of extraordinary leave without pay beyond 5 years, the name of the person to whom such leave is granted will be removed from the seniority list and placed on a separate static list with no claim to promotion or to seniority over any junior who may be promoted during this period and his name will be brought back on the seniority list only after he resumes duty on return and his seniority shall be determined after deducting the period he remained on EOL beyond 5 years. If approved for promotion he will not regain his seniority.
APPOINTMENT BY PROMOTION TRANSFER OR DEPUTATION
- 10(1) Appointments by promotions or transfer to posts in various grades shall be made on the recommendations of the appropriate Committee or
11 (2) Omitted
- Only such persons as possess the qualifications and meet the conditions laid down for the purpose of promotion or transfer to a post shall be considered by the Selection
12 10-A. Appointment on acting charge basis.– (1) Appointment on acting-charge basis may be made in the manner hereinafter prescribed.
13(2) The appointing authority may fill a post reserved for departmental promotion by appointing on acting-charge basis, the most senior civil servant of the cadre or service concerned, who possesses at least three fourth of the prescribed length of service or the experience for the post or both, as the case may be, and is otherwise eligible for promotion except for the prescribed length of service and the experience.
- Where the appointing authority is satisfied on report of the selecting authority that no suitable officer is available to fill a post in a grade 17 and above reserved under the rules to be filled by initial recruitment and it is expedient not to allow the post to remain unfilled, it may appoint to that post on acting-charge basis the most senior officer eligible for promotion to that post.
- No appointment on acting charge basis shall be made against a post which is likely to remain vacant for period of less than six
- No appointment on acting charge basis shall be made without the recommendations of the Departmental Promotion Committee or the Provincial Selection Board as the case may be, but such appointment shall not be deemed to have been made on regular basis for any purpose nor shall confer any right for regular
1410-B.Appointment on current charge basis.– (1) Where a post is likely to remain vacant for a period of less than 15one year and the appointing authority does not consider it expedient to make an appointment on ad hoc basis, it may appoint the senior most civil servant, who in the opinion of the appointing authority, is eligible and suitable for promotion under the relevant rules, on current charge basis.
- An appointment made on current charge basis shall come to an end on appointment of a person on regular basis or on the expiry of 16one year, whichever is
- 17 Appointment by transfer may be made if transfer is prescribed in the relevant service rules as a method of appointment to such post:
- from one functional unit to another functional unit if the person holds an appointment on regular basis in the same basic scale and rank as that of the post to which appointment by transfer is proposed to be made provided he possesses the qualifications prescribed for initial recruitment to such posts; or
- from amongst persons holding appointments in Federal Government and other provinces of Pakistan if the person fulfills conditions of appointment to the post to which he is transferred and satisfies such other conditions as may be laid down by the Government in this respect:
Provided that persons holding posts in All Pakistan Unified Grades may be appointed by transfer to a certain number of posts as may be determined from time to time.
- Until the rules laying down the qualifications and other conditions for the purposes of promotion are made, no person shall be promoted to a post in higher grade on regular basis unless he has passed such test as may be specified by the appointing authority to be conducted by the selection authority:
Provided that the Government may dispense with the requirement of passing the test in relation to such posts as may be specified.
- Appointment on officiating basis.– (i) Where a post falls vacant as a result of deputation, 18posting outside cadre, leave, suspension or appointment on acting-charge basis of the 19(regular) incumbent or is reserved under the rules to be filled by transfer, if none is available for transfer, the appointing authority may make appointment by promotion against such post on officiating basis:
20Provided that a post reserved for regular promotion, on deferment of a civil servant due to any reason, may be filled by promotion on officiating basis.
- No person shall be promoted on officiating basis unless he possesses the qualifications and experience prescribed for the post and his promotion as such is approved by the chairman of the appropriate selection
- An officiating promotion shall not confer any right of promotion on regular basis but shall be liable to be terminated as soon as a person becomes available for promotion on regular basis.
- Officiating promotion shall be made on the same terms and conditions as to pay as are prescribed for regular appointment by
- 21 All persons holding posts in the same functional unit who possess the minimum qualifications and experience prescribed for a higher post reserved for departmental promotion, shall be eligible to compete for promotion in the manner and subject to the conditions as may be prescribed.
2214-A. Out of turn promotion.– Omitted.
23[15. Deputation.- (1) A person in the service of an autonomous or semi-autonomous organization or Federal Government, or other Provinces, or Gilgit-Baltistan, or Azad Jammu & Kashmir, who possesses minimum educational qualification, experience or comparable length of service prescribed for the post, shall be eligible for appointment on deputation, to the said post for a period not exceeding three years at a time, on such terms and conditions as the Government, in consultation with the lending Government or organization, may determine.
- Subject to any other rule or order of the Government, a civil servant, who fulfills the conditions and is considered suitable, may be sent on deputation, for a period not exceeding three years, to an autonomous or semi-autonomous organization or Federal Government, or other Provinces, or Gilgit-Baltistan or Azad Jammu & Kashmir, on such terms and conditions, as the appointing authority, in consultation with borrowing Government or organization, may determine.
- The borrowing Government or organization shall make pension contribution in respect of a civil servant for the period he remains on
- A civil servant on deputation shall be treated to have been repatriated on the completion of the period of deputation, initial or extended, and such a civil servant shall immediately report back for duty to his parent department, and any delay on his part shall be construed as ‘willful absence from duty’.
- A civil servant who fulfills the conditions and is considered suitable may, on the recommendations of the Special Selection Board for Deputation Abroad, be sent on deputation abroad.
- The maximum period of deputation abroad of a civil servant shall ordinarily be three years but it may, on the request of the civil servant or his employer and in sole discretion of the Government, be extended up to two
- A civil servant on deputation with an international organization at an office of the organization in Pakistan shall be deemed to be on deputation abroad for the purposes of sub-rule (6)].
PART-III INITIAL APPOINTMENT
- 24 Initial recruitment to the posts in Grade 16 and above and such other posts in BS-11 to BS-15 as are notified by the Government, except those which, under the Punjab Public Service Commission (Functions) Rules, 1978, do not fall within the purview of the Commission or which are specified to be filled without reference to the Commission, shall be made on the basis of the examination or test conducted by the Commission.
- Initial appointment to all posts in grades 1 and above except those filled under rule 16, shall be made on the basis of examination or test to be held by the appropriate committee or the board, as the case may be, after advertisement of the vacancies in newspapers, or in the manner to be determined by the Government.
2517.A. Notwithstanding anything contained in any rule to the contrary, whenever a civil servant dies while in service or is declared invalidated/incapacitated for further service, one of his unemployed children 26or his widow/wife may be employed by the Appointing Authority against a post to be filled under rules 16 and 17 for which he/she possesses the prescribed qualification and experience and such child 27or the widow/wife may be given 10 additional marks in the aggregate by the Public Service Commission or by the appropriate Selection Board or Committee provided he/she otherwise qualifies in the test/examination and/or interview for posts in BS-6 and above.
Provided further that one child 28or widow/wife of a Government servant who dies while in service or is declared invalidated/incapacitated for further service shall be provided a job against posts in BS-1 to 5 29and the posts of Junior Clerks (BS-7) in the department in which the deceased Government servant was working, without observance of formalities prescribed under the rules/procedure. Provided such child 30or the widow/wife is otherwise eligible for the post.
- 31 (1) A candidate for initial appointment to a post must possess the prescribed educational qualifications and experience and also, except as provided in the rules framed for the purpose of relaxation of age limit, must be within the age limit as laid down for the post:
Provided that experience, where prescribed, would include equivalent experience, to be determined by the Government in a profession or in the service of an autonomous or semi- autonomous organization or a private organization.
(2) (i) Where recruitment is to be made on the basis of a written examination, age shall be reckoned as on the first of January of the year in which the examination is proposed to be held; and
(ii) in other cases, as on the last date fixed for submission of applications for
- 32 (1) No person shall be appointed to a post unless he is a citizen of Pakistan, provided that this restriction may be relaxed by Government in suitable cases.
(2) No person, who has married a foreign national shall be appointed to a post; provided that this restriction may be relaxed by Government in case of a person who has married a citizen of India 33or citizen of Bangladesh.
- Vacancies in various posts shall be filled from persons domiciled in the Province of the Punjab in accordance with merit; provided that for a period not exceeding 3420 years from the commencing day of Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, such posts may be reserved for persons domiciled in such areas as may be
- A candidate for appointment must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties. A candidate who after such medical examination as Government may prescribe is found not to satisfy these requirements shall not be
3521.A (1) No person, not already in Government service, shall be appointed to a post unless he produces a certificate of character from the Principal Academic Officer of the academic institution last attended and also certificates of character from two responsible persons not being his relatives who are well acquainted with his character and antecedents.
(2) Notwithstanding anything in sub rule (1) an appointment by initial recruitment shall be subject to the verification of character and antecedents of the candidate or the person appointed to the satisfaction of the appointing authority.
36(3) Alteration in the date of birth.
The date of birth once recorded at the time of joining Government service shall be final and thereafter no alteration in the date of birth of a civil servant shall be permissible.
37(4) The appointing authority shall complete the process of appointment within one hundred and ninety days from the date of issue of recommendations by the Punjab Public
Service Commission and no request for extension in the joining time as specified in the offer of appointment shall be entertained.
(5) If a person to whom offer of appointment has been issued fails to join his post within the period specified in the said offer of appointment, his selection shall automatically stand cancelled.
3821.B. Change of Name.— (1) At any time during service, the Chief Minister, in case of an Administrative Secretary, and the Administrative Secretary in all other cases may accept the change of the name of a civil servant on the basis of the change effected in the academic records and the computerized national identity card issued under the National Database and Registration Authority Ordinance 2000 (VIII of 2000) of such a civil servant:
Provided that the change of the name of a female civil servant as a result of her marriage or divorce, may be accepted only on the basis of the change effected in the computerized national identity card.
(2) A change of name in terms of sub-rule (1) shall be duly notified.
AD HOC APPOINTMENTS
- (1) When a post is required to be filled, the appointing authority shall forward a requisition to the selection authority immediately after decision is taken to fill the
(2) After forwarding a requisition to the selection authority, the appointing authority may, if it considers necessary in the public interest, fill the post on ad hoc basis for a period not exceeding 39one year pending nomination of a candidate by the selection authority:
- the vacancy is advertised properly in the newspapers;
- the appointment is made of a person duly qualified in accordance with the provisions of the rules and orders applicable to the post;
- the selection is made on the basis of merit determined by objective criteria;
- the appointment order certifies that a requisition has been sent to the selection authority; and
- the appointment is made subject to revocation at any time by the competent authority;
Provided further that ad hoc appointment shall not confer any right on the persons so appointed in the matter of regular appointment to the same post nor the service will count towards seniority in the grade.
- 41The Chief Minister may, for special reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the rules in any individual case of hardship, to the extent prescribed by
1 Substituted vide Notification No. SOR.III(S&GAD)2-122/89 dated 20.12.1989.
2 Added vide No. SOR.III-2-21/87 dated 17.02.1988.
3 Proviso substituted vide Notification No. SOR-III(S&GAD)-2-32/88 dated 24.07.2007.
4Added vide Notification No. SOR.III.2-32/88 dated 19.09.2001.
5 Substituted vide Notification No. SOR.III (S&GAD) 2-15/87(II) dated 14.05.2004.
6 Rule 6 amended vide Notification No.SOR-III (S&GAD)1-15/2003-P dated 09.09.2010. 7 Proviso added, after Rule 7(4) vide Notification No. SOR.III-2-52/99 dated 20.11. 2001. 8 Added vide Notification No. SOR-III(S&GAD)1-25/2002 dated 03.01.2011.
9 Proviso added, after Rule 8(3) vide Notification No. SOR.III-2-52/99 dated 20.11.2001.
10 Sub-rule (2) omitted and in sub-rule 1 brackets and figure “(1)” also omitted vide Notification No. SOR- III(S&GAD)-1-25/2002 dated 15.05.2006.
11 Sub-rule (2) omitted and in sub-rule 1 brackets and figure “(1)” also omitted vide Notification No. SOR- III(S&GAD)-1-25/2002 dated 15.05.2006.
12 Added vide Notification No. SOR.III-1-14/75 dated 26.02.1983.
13 Substituted vide Notification No. SOR.III(S&GAD) 1-25/2002 dated 26.05.2007.
14 Substituted vide notification No. SOR.I(S&GAD)16-32/94 dated 04.09.1994.
15 The words “six months” substituted with the words “one year” in sub-rule (1) and (2) vide Notification No. SOR.III-2-58/97 dated 09.09.1999.
16 The words “six months” substituted with the words “one year” in sub-rule (1) and (2) vide Notification No. SOR.III-2-58/97 dated 09.09.1999.
17 Substituted vide Notification No. SOR.III-1-14/75 dated 17.10.1993.
18 Inserted vide Notification No. SOR.III (S&GAD)1-14/75 (P) dated 26.10.1992.
19 Deleted vide Notification No. SOR.III-1-14/75 dated 23rd July 1990.
20 Proviso added vide Notification No. SOR.III(S&GAD)1-25/2002 dated 22.03.2007.
21 Substituted vide Notification No. SOR.III-1-14/75 dated 28.07.1987.
22 Rule 14-A, omitted vide Notification No. SOR-III(S&GAD) 1-25/2002 dated 02.11.2007.
23 Substituted vide Notification No. SOR.III(S&GAD)1-25/2002 dated Lahore the 13th May, 2011.
24 Substituted vide Notification No. SOR.III.1-14/75 dated 20.05.2001.
25 Substituted vide Notification No. SORIII-2-42/92 dated 28.08.1993.
26 The words “or his widow/wife”, “or widow/wife” and “the widow/wife added respectively, vide Notification No. SOR.III-2-42/92(P-II) dated 12.04.2003.
27 The words “or his widow/wife”, “or widow/wife” and “the widow/wife added respectively, vide Notification No. SOR.III-2-42/92(P-II) dated 12.04.2003.
28 The words “or his widow/wife”, “or widow/wife” and “the widow/wife added respectively, vide Notification No. SOR.III-2-42/92(P-II) dated 12.04.2003.
29 Words “and the posts of Junior Clerks (BS-7)” inserted vide Notification No. SOR-III (S&GAD)2- 10/2006 dated 05.01.2008.
30 The words “or his widow/wife”, “or widow/wife” and “the widow/wife added respectively, vide Notification No. SOR.III-2-42/92(P-II) dated 12.04.2003.
31 Words “and the posts of Junior Clerks (BS-7)” inserted vide Notification No. SOR-III (S&GAD)2- 10/2006 dated 05.01.2008.
32 Words “and the posts of Junior Clerks (BS-7)” inserted vide Notification No. SOR-III (S&GAD)2- 10/2006 dated 05.01.2008.
33 In Rule 19(2), words “or citizen of Bangladesh” added vide Notification No. SOR. IV (S&GAD) 1- 9/96 dated 28th October 1997.
34 Substituted for the figure “10” vide Notification No. SOR.IV(S&GAD) 15-3/86 dated 03.06.1986.
35 Added vide Notification No. SOR.III-1-14/75 dated 01.04.1976.
36 Added vide Notification No. SOR.III-1-14/75 dated 15.11.2000 (Also reflected in Punjab Financial Rules (Rule 7.3).
37 After sub-rule (3), sub-rules (4) and (5) added vide Notification No. SOR-III (S&GAD)-1-25/2002 dated 22.10.2006.
38 Added vide Notification No. SOR.III-1-7/2011 dated 21.03.2011.
39 Substituted for the words “six months” vide Notification No. SOR.III-1-39/78 dated 14.06.1982.
40 Deleted vide Notification No. SOR.III-1-14/75 dated 11.03.1975.
41 Substituted vide Notification No. SOR.III-1-14/75 dated 20.12.1993.