Notification of Punjab Daily Wages 2023
In exercise of the powers conferred under section 6 of the Punjab Minimum Wages Act, 2019 (XXVIII of 2019), Governor of the Punjab, on the recommendation of Minimum Wages Board, is pleased to specify the Following minimum rates of wages for unskilled adult & adolescent workers employed in all industrial and commercial establishments of Punjab Province:
- 1230.77/- per day (for eight working hours); and
- 32,000/- per month (for 26 working days).
- The following deductions shall be allowed to the employers for providing housing accommodation and transport facility to the workers employed by them subject to agreement between the employer and the worker:
- For providing housing accommodation: and Rs. 397/- per month;
- For providing transport facility: Rs. 85/- per month.
- As per provision of Rule 15 of the West Pakistan Minimum Wages Rules, 1962, for work of equal value, a female worker of the category shall get the same minimum wages as allowed to a male worker of the category for such work.
- The minimum rates of wages of other categories of workers (highly skilled, skilled and semi-skilled) employed in any industry shall in no case be less than the minimum rates of wages, now, fixed for unskilled adult and adolescent workers in the Province of Punjab.